Things You Didn’t Know Are Poisonous to Pets !

Things You Didn’t Know Are Poisonous to Pets !


Welcome To WildSecrets , Today we going to talk about The 5 Things You Didn’t Know Are Poisonous to Pets .

You probably already know that chocolate and household cleaning products are toxic to pets. However, there are many lesser known foods, plants and other substances that are also poisonous. Here are five things that you did not know were poisonous to pets!

 Avocado

If the avocado is a super-favourite of people, it should be kept away from our four-legged friends. Avocado contains persine, a fungicidal toxin that can cause health problems and death. Avocado fruits, seeds, leaves and plants all contain persine, so pets cannot eat any part of it. It is not known how much persine is needed to make your pet sick, so it is best if your pet does not eat any persine at all. However, large amounts of persine can cause pancreatitis, diarrhoea, vomiting, and heart muscle damage. You must also be careful with pits, as animals can choke on them!

Lily

A common houseplant, which unfortunately is not good for our pets, are lilies. Its flowers and leaves are poisonous and can cause a number of health problems if swallowed. Even the consumption of a small part of the plant can have serious side effects. Cats that eat lilies, if left untreated, can lead to liver failure, depression, dehydration, diarrhoea, anorexia or even death.

Essential Oils

Essential oils are a completely natural health food used by tons of people, but unfortunately many of these oils are not good for pets. Essential oil poisoning can also be airborne, so even using a diffuser or heater near your pets can be a problem. Some oils are not harmful to pets, while others, such as wintergreen, pine and lavender, can cause health problems. Consult your veterinarian before using essential oils in your home. Symptoms of oil poisoning in pets include Smell of essential oils on fur, skin, breath or vomit, difficulty breathing, fatigue, weakness, muscle tremors, stumbling, paws in mouth or face, vomiting and redness or burning of lips, skin, tongue or gums.

Garlic And Onions

Cats and dogs should also not eat onions, garlic or other leeks, such as leeks, spring onions or shallots. Allium (plants from the bulbous family) all contain a toxic substance called N-propyl disulfide. Although it is harmless to humans, in pets it causes a breakdown of red blood cells, which can cause anaemia. N-propyl disulfide is found in the pulp, leaves, juice and processed onion powder, so no part of the plant should be given to your pets.

Sugar-Free Gums And Sweets

A number of sugar-free foods, toothpastes and mouthwashes contain a 5-carbon sugar alcohol called xylitol. This substance is used as a sweetener and should be kept out of the reach of pets. When ingested by dogs, it can cause fatigue, liver failure, vomiting, cramping and loss of coordination. It may also cause dark red spots or stains on the gums.

If your pet swallows any of these substances, call your veterinarian immediately. He is the only one who can advise you on the best treatment! Depending on the size of your pet and the amount of substance ingested, your veterinarian may or may not recommend vomiting. You may also need to take your pet to the vet personally.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post